Convert Video to mp4 Digital Files
We Convert VHS, Hi 8, Mini DV, Betamax & VHS-C tapes to mp4 (h.264)
Audio Video Workshop can digitize your video tapes to high quality mp4 files. Mp4 digital video files offer excellent quality yet the file size is approximately half of uncompressed AVI and Quicktime files. Also, mp4 files are very compatible. Therefore, mp4 files can be played or edited on both MACs and Windows computers. Furthermore, they are the recommended digital file type for uploading to video sharing sites like youtube, vimeo, facebook, etc… In addition, most smart TVs and media boxes / media players (such as WD TV and Apple TV) require mp4 files. As a result, you can plug your hard drive (or flash drive) right into the smart TV USB port and watch your home movies instantly.
By having AV Workshop transfer your video tapes to mp4 files, you can edit your videos on any computer (MAC or PC). Since mp4 video files have become the most popular digital video file, just about any video editing applications will import them. Therefore, you can edit mp4 files in software such as iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Sony Vegas, etc…
Use the Shopping Cart below to Get an Estimate or Place an Order
Video to mp4 File
$39 per tape
1 Tape (up to 2Hrs) transferred to Digital
– Edit or Watch on Computer (MAC or PC)
– High Quality / MAC & PC Compatible
- Buy 10-19 at $35.10 each
- Buy 20 or more at $33.15 each
please note: HDV, Betacam SP, DVCAM, & DVCPro tapes are an extra $10 per tape
Mp4 Advantages over DVD Discs
Digital Mp4 files have many advantages over DVDs. Especially the mp4s that AV Workshop makes.
- Mp4 files can be played on any computer (MAC or PC).
- Mp4 files will play on Smart TVs from a USB device or network.
- Mp4 files allow for better quality than DVDs.
- Mp4 files created by AV, can be edited on any computer.
- Mp4 files are YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and web friendly.
- Since mp4 files are a file and not a tape or disc, they will not degrade over time and are not reliant on a disposable player.
- Mp4 files be shared with family members easily via USB devices, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc…
- MP4 files can be uploaded to a FREE (private) Youtube channel where you decide who can view them.
HOW IT WORKS:
- You can Walk-in to our Store or Order Online
- If Ordering Online – Enter the amount of tapes you have
- Select whether you have a MAC or PC
- Select if you need a Drive or will be providing your own
- Decide if you want to add playable DVDs to your order (1/2 price $10 each)
- Add to Cart / Check out
- Ship your tapes to AV Workshop
- We will number each tape and digitize them into files
- The files will be named Tape 01, Tape 02, etc…
- We inform you that your project is ready or ship you your new Digital Files on a USB Flash Drive or Hard Drive, and original tapes
- You plug the drive into your computer and enjoy your videos all over again!
- These files can easily be edited on a MAC or PC with iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premeire, etc…
*If ordering DVDs as well, please attach a sticky note to each tape for label info or just include a note – label info: same as tape
Our Video to mp4 file Transfer Process:
- Professional Commercial Grade Tape Decks equipment used
- Video Stabilized with TBC (Time Base Corrector) corrects wavy or jittery video signals
- Luminance (Light) & Chrominance (Color) separated during Transfer Process – Results in Sharper Detail
- Audio Level Optimization & Noise Reduction applied to audio
- mp4 – High Quality / Compatible on both MAC & PC for Playback & Video Editing
Given that we use professional video equipment and the fact that we have an array of decks and machines, our video transfer quality is far superior to other businesses as well as if you attempted to do it on your own. Furthermore, we stabilize your video signal by running it through a TBC time base corrector using S-Video lines which separates the luminance (light) from chrominance (color). As a result, the edges of the detail in your video clip will be as sharp as possible. As soon as the video is transferred into our computers, we optimize the audio levels as well as apply digital noise reduction so your videos will look and sound as good as possible and will be there for generations ahead!
We can transfer / convert VHS-C, Hi8, D8, 8mm, Betamax, DV, mini DV, DVCAM, 3/4″ Umatic SP, Betacam SP, HD, HDV and VHS!
Will I be able to Edit these mp4 files on a MAC or PC? Yes, yo can edit these files on just about any video editing application such as iMovie, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Movie Maker, etc…
Can I upload these mp4 Files to Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc…? Absolutely! MP4 files are perfect for sharing online as they have become the most popular / compatible file for sites such as Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc… Most of these video sharing sites require mp4 files.
What is the Quality difference between mp4 vs Quicktime & AVI? AV workshop offers uncompressed Quicktime and AVI files which yield the absolute highest quality available. However, the mp4 files we create look Amazing as we Maximize bitrate at 15/MB per sec and utilize the power of the h.264 codec. As a result, most people can’t see the difference.
Can I watch these files on my TV? Depending on the specs of your Smart TV, yes it is quite possible that these mp4 files will playback on your TV from the Flash drive or Hard Drive.
Do you supply the Hard Drive or me? We can use your external hard drive as long as there is enough room and it an external USB hard drive formatted NTFS (Windows)or HFS+ (MAC). We cannot put these large files on a drive that is formatted FAT32. Also, we can sell you an external hard drive. We typically stock a variety of Flash drives and external Hard Drives.
Can you convert a PAL videotape? Yes we can. PAL conversion to NTSC (the american TV standard) costs an extra $10.
How many video tapes fit onto a Hard Drive? Approx 120 hours of video will fit on a 1 TB drive in the mp4 file format.
How much space do I need on my flash drive or external hard drive for my videos? For mp4, 1 hour equates to approx. 8 GB and 2 hours is roughly 16 GB. Please be conscious of the amount of space you have on your hard drive.
AV Workshop is conveniently located on Woodside Rd. in Redwood City of the San Francisco Bay Area
We accept walk-ins as well as shipments. All online orders over $175 qualify for FREE round trip shipping! To learn more Click Here.
You can get an Estimate or Order online above.
Note: If you prefer to speak with someone in person, call us during store hours at 650-369-4366
Mon. thru Fri. 10am – 6pm (closed 1-2pm lunch) / Saturday 1pm – 4pm
No appointment needed.