Home / Shop / Film Transfer / Standard Film Transfer
Standard HD Film Transfer
A one-time price of $19.00 will be added to your order.
Categories: Film Transfer, Film Transfer 2
- How it Works
- How To Prepare Media
HOW IT WORKS:
- Select Film Reel Sizes and How many
- Choose an Output (Bluray, HD Digital File, or DVD) Optional 2nd Output Avail.
- Add to Cart
- Check out
- Organize / Label your Media (if possible)
- Package your Reels into Box and Ship to AV Workshop – 703 Woodside Rd #8, Redwood City, CA 94061
- We encourage you to pre-number the reels in the order you prefer (if possible) by using info on the outside or inside of the reels or development dates. If you number the reels, we keep them in that order. If no order is specified, we organize the reels by date where possible. We label each reel in order by number. 3″ reels are assembled onto new larger 7″ reels in order. You will receive everything back including the empty film boxes.
- We Clean, Repair and Scan your Film Frame by Frame in HD
- We ship you back your Films and Outputs ordered – Bluray, DVD or Digital file
- You plug in your new Disc or Drive and enjoy those moments all over again!
- Digital files can easily be edited on a MAC or PC with iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Adobe Premeire, etc…
*If ordering Blurays or DVDs, please attach a note with Label info Ex: Smith Family Films
You can always Call or Email us w Q’s
Types of Film:
Reel Sizes and Lengths:
Length (By foot)
Length (By time)
|50 feet||2-3 minutes|
|300 feet||19-22 minutes|
Our Film Transfer Process:
- 1. Organize, Clean, RepairWe clean the film, repair splices, and replace leader if needed.
- 2. HD Frame-By-Frame ScanWe scan each reel frame-by-frame in high definition using our RetroScan Universal Mach-1 Film Scanners.
- 3. Adjust Frame RateWe assess the motion of each reel and adjust the frame rate to match the original.
- 4. Edit / EnhanceWe digitally attach the reels in the same order they were labeled and scanned. With our Enhanced option, this is when we adjust the color, brightness / contrast, and saturation of each scene.
- 5. High Definition ExportWe export for every two hours of film. For mp4 files, we use the H.264 Codec (1920 x 1080p 50 mb/s).
- 6. OutputFor mp4 Files, you will receive your files on either a flash drive or hard drive. For DVDs, you will receive a disc per every two hours of film.
Learn More About Our HD Film Transfer Process
HD Film Transfer Sample
Customer Review of our Film Transfer Service
AV Workshop Vs. The Other Guys
How Do We Compare to Southtree / Legacy Box
- Film Transfer Resolution
- Film Cleaning
- Frame Rate
- Data Rate (compression)
- Films in Order
- Color Correction Avail.
- Brightness / Contrast Improvement Avail.
- Sound Film
- Film Transfer Method
- Output Options
- FREE Shipping
- Media Lost
- Average Yelp Review
- HD 1920x1080p
- Exact – 16, 18, or 24fps (same as original)
- 50 mb/sec MAX
- YES - In order requested or by date
- YES - Scene by Scene
- YES - Scene by Scene
- HD RetroScan Universal With Upgraded 2K Lens (sprocketless / Frame by Frame)
- HD 1080p mp4 (50mb/s), Bluray, DVD, HD Tiffs
- YES (orders over $175)
- 5 Star
- 640 x 480
- 17 fps
- 3 mb/s
- State of the Art???
- low res 480 mp4 (3 mb/s), DVD
- 1 - 2 Stars